At the faculty, students are systematically surveyed on the organization of educational, methodological, research and educational work. Periodically there are meetings of the dean with students of the faculty at the dean's hour, oral questioning of students, seminars on topical issues of modern society are systematically conducted. Students come up with proposals for introducing additional courses, and through self-government bodies they express ways to improve certain areas of the faculty.
The faculty provides a close connection of educational, scientific and innovative processes, expressed in the "round tables", the activities of student clubs, organization of methodological seminars, international scientific forums and seminars.
Students of the faculty are active participants of debate movement, authors of scientific projects, members of the Club of the Funny and Inventive team, organizers of various cultural events. The quality of educational work, which affects on the students' group work activation, including student self-government, is achieved through the implementation of activities to inculcate teamwork skills. It is well known that students continue their education with famous personalities and look for actual directions of scientific schools, learn the university through carrying out creative activities (round tables, intellectual games, Club of the Funny and Inventive, debates, contests, etc.). The public, they are also employers, as well as parents of future students, learn the university through specific individuals.
An important activity is the organization and holding of meetings, public lectures, information and consulting seminars, presentations, roundtables with the scholarship and fund organizations of education in order to develop the scientific potential of the faculty and undergraduates.
Currently, graduates of the departments successfully compete in the employment market (on average, employment is 98%), successfully working in the most diverse sectors of our country, near and far abroad. The faculty plans to establish a system of targeted training of specialists for enterprises on the basis of tripartite agreements "university-enterprise-student", developing dual education.
The goal of the educational work of the Faculty of History, Philology and International Relations is the creation of conditions aimed at the preparation of highly educated, widely erudite, cultural, creative-minded specialists.
Objectives of educational work:
- strengthening and preserving the best traditions of students, aimed at educating students about the prestige of the university and the chosen profession, the prestige of higher education, the development of creative personalities;
- search for new forms and methods of conducting educational work;
- continuous study of the interests, creative inclinations of students;
- Adaptation of first-year students to the new conditions of their life;
- the full development of student government.
The main directions of educational work at the faculty are:
- professional education - in the classroom teacher, using various forms of creative work, teaches students to work in a team, defend their opinions, build logical schemes (conduct business games);
- patriotic education, expressed in the activities to create a special spirit of the university, faculty (the dean's hour, actions of a different nature).
- education of a multicultural personality takes place during conferences, festivals, seminars, competitions;
- aesthetic education, literary and poetic evenings, visits to exhibitions and museums, theater and cinema, concerts prepared by students are carried out to realize this issue;
- legal education - the formation of belief in the importance of laws and law enforcement practice, personal legal and moral responsibilities, personal responsibility for making decisions and their actions. Preventive work is carried out against the antisocial behavior of students: violations of the Rules of Internal Regulations of students; disrespectful attitude to the employees of the hostel, employees of the university; violation of fire safety rules, etc., through constant interviews, monitoring of students' activities;
- Spiritual and moral education - the development of students "immunity" to destructive religious ideology, the prevention of religious extremism among students, carried out by holding conferences with philosophers, representatives of various faiths. The curatorial hours, round tables discuss the issues of respectful, tolerant attitude towards religions, not allow propaganda or agitation of national and religious superiority;
- Physical education is carried out during the participation of students in various competitions, travel to historical places of the region, joint excursions around the city.
The main forms of educational work were traditional types (Dedication of students, Decade of freshmen, "Student Spring", performances of Club of the Funny and Inventive, activities of the debating club and others), where the faculty occupied only prizes and corporate events. The faculty received the Grand Prix of the contest "Student Spring-2016", students took part in the competition for the city akim's cup among the teams of universities in the city of Ust-Kamenogorsk.
The faculty's activities are aimed at the development of a fully developed personality, so the emphasis has been placed on the following types of work:
- activity of student circles;
- carrying out monthly warden clocks;
- It is practiced to conduct joint additional sessions with invited experts of the ethnographic museum, the state archive, participation in joint projects with the Pushkin Library for the discussion of fiction;
- The organization of business games by the type of meetings of international organizations for all courses, as well as meetings with representatives of foreign delegations allow the development of polygamy, broadens the horizon and teaches the science of persuasion;
- constant monitoring of the level of motivation for the educational, scientific, social activities of students through individual interviews, organization of questionnaires, rapid-fire questions;