GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FACULTY
The Faculty of History, Philology and International Relations is a highly qualified academic teaching staff aimed at developing a three-stage model of training specialists, creative, mobile, purposeful students and undergraduates, promising and energetic departments.
The Faculty of History, Philology and International Relations performs10 baccalaureate specialties, 5 magistracy specialties, 2 magistracy educational programs.
The mission of the faculty is to enrich traditions of the university, using the latest educational technologies and achievements of science, to prepare competitive specialists in the field of the humanities, to participate actively in the dissemination of fundamental and applied knowledge, in the formation of the personality of a specialist, combining high moral qualities, positive social orientation, and professional competencies.
Faculty in 10 years is a steady and balanced growing academic unit of the EKSU, which conducts versatile theoretical and applied scientific research and expert development that effectively combines training of:
- highly qualified teachers, experts, analysts and other specialists in the humanities;
- practicing teachers, consultants and managers.
There are more than 700 students studying at the faculty, 80% of them are full-time students, 68 foreign students are represented by such countries as China, Korea, Mongolia, Russia, Uzbekistan.
During the first semester of the 2015-2016 academic year, 23 students were trained in academic mobility programs in foreign universities:
- USA, Technological University (Tennessee);
- South Korea, Jiongguan National University;
- South Korea, Catholic University of Daegu;
- China, Dalian University of Technology;
- Poland, Wroclaw University;
- China, Weifang Professional University.
The departments of the faculty have a good experience in the development of academic mobility, annually the students of Korea come to the department of Russian philology, world languages and translation as part of exchange programs, the Department of Kazakh language and literature has developed internal mobility, students are represented by the universities of Kazakh state women's teacher training university, SSU named after Shakarim.
Students of the specialty "Kazakh language and literature" during the last three years passed exchange programs in universities of Almaty, Semey, Pavlodar, Kuldja (China), Wroclaw (Poland). Over the past three years, 20 foreign students have completed the program "Russian as a Foreign Language" at the faculty departments. Every year a large number of students go for the various international programs in Germany, Korea, Poland, China, Greece and other countries.
Currently, the faculty employs the best 5 teachers of the republican contest "The Best Teacher of the University", the winner of the republican contest "The Best supervisor of the Year".
Departments of the faculty conduct a variety of methodological work, advanced training is conducted systematically, during the year 10 teachers passed foreign internships in leading universities in Germany, Britain, Spain, Korea, Russia, and the Czech Republic.
Out of 75 teachers of the faculty, 7 doctors of science, 35 candidates, academic degree holders rate is 55%, the most remarkable work among professors: S. K. Igibaeva, A. S. Zhanbosinova, B. N.Erdembekova, Sh.K.Kurmanbaeva, A. M.Kartaeva, F. R. Akhmetzhanova, A. Sh. Zhilkubaeva, L. I Abdullina.
The Kazakh language and literature department is working on the state budget project "Development of a complex " linguistic-cultural journey on the tourist places of East Kazakhstan region ".
The departments of the faculty organize international and republican conferences, including together with the regional Akimat, the Institute of History and Ethnology named after Valikhanov MES RK, the Center of Kazakh Language and Culture of the Altu State Technical University named after I.Polzunov, the LLP "Shykys-akparat", the state archive of the region and other organizations.
Student science development is reflected in the collections of scientific conferences organized at the university, the collections of conferences of Altu State Technical University named after I.Polzunov, ….??? "Altay is our common home". The most fruitful work is carried out by the student circle "The Young Link of the Altay", following the results of 2016, the faculty took the first place in the university competition on the organization of SSRP (Student Scientific Research project).
Our priorities are:
- Creation of a dynamic, competitive environment, in which advanced scientists, talented students of other universities aspire. Since, here we are training on unique educational programs, interesting scientific research, development on the orders of strategic partners, there is the possibility of free communication of students and teachers in the scientific and educational environment;
- Attraction of the best graduates of doctoral studies, licensing of the specialty of doctoral studies "Kazakh language and literature", invitation of professors in the framework of academic mobility; it is necessary to increase the intellectual potential of the faculty, attract leading scientists and teachers, increase internal and external academic mobility, support young scientists, promote the results of scientific and innovative activities, encourage teachers and researchers to improve the effectiveness of their work;
- Promoting the employment of students through the gradual transition to dual training in the specialties of the faculty, the development and expansion of the network of branch offices - the creation of profile classes in the districts of the region in order to modernize the pedagogical education, the organization of additional courses through the CPC;
- Conducting scientific research in priority areas - archeology, folklore, anthropology, religious studies, using the potential of the departments, attracting scientists and leading researchers of profile institutions;
- organization of systematic methodical work, using the possibilities of distance technologies;
- a set of talented students and undergraduates through the constant holding of olympiads, competitions, management of scientific projects of schoolchildren in schools and colleges. Taking into account the specifics of the faculty, supporting the principles of cultural diversity and tolerance, attract foreign students to study at the university;
- wide introduction of multilingualism through the opening of a scientific and educational center, organization of annual competitions for connoisseurs of Kazakh, Russian, English and other languages. An urgent issue is the functioning of additional educational courses for intensive study of a foreign language during the school year and the summer semester, the presentation of international educational programs and funds, the organization of summer language schools.