Primary goal of the research work of the faculty is to consolidate the educational, scientific and business community to solve current and future problems of economic and social modernization.
The research work of the faculty is carried out on the basis of the research center "Altaytanu", the Scientific and Educational Center "Nazarbaevtanu" and 4 departments of the faculty.
In order to maintain leadership in the region of the department, in recent years, scientific directions are being improved in accordance with the priorities of of fundamental programs and applied research of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the resource of research work is updated, they participate in grant competitions.
In order to create conditions for the establishment and development of effective scientific and long-term cooperation, special events in the form of conferences, seminars, exhibitions, round tables and master classes were organized at the departments of the faculty during the year. All planned events were held in a timely manner and widely covered in the media. In order to participate in the event, scientists, specialists of a specific scientific field, associated with the subject of the event, as well as heads of various organizations of Kazakhstan and abroad were invited.
Results of research work of the teaching staff of the University are implemented in the educational process and in production in the form of copyright courses and teaching materials.
Scientific priorities of the research center "Altaytanu" at the present stage: regional history; archaeological research; ethnographic, ethnological, ethnocultural studies; sociolinguistic research, linguistics, lexicography; folklore and literature of the peoples of the Greater Altai; historical-geographical and ecological studies of the Greater Altai; socio-economic and socio-political research.
The main achievements of the center:
- the website of the Research Center “Altaytanu” was created, http://www.altaytanunits.com;
- The new International scientific journal "Ulken Altay alemy” - The World of the Greater Altai" was opened, ISSN 2410-2725;
- folklore and ethnographic expeditions to China, East Kazakhstan, Mongolia;
- The documentary film "Altai: clues to history" was made (in three languages);
- work was done to collect sources in the leading historical archives of the country and abroad.
Currently, the project is being implemented: "Development of a complex" linguistic-cultural journey on the tourist places of the East Kazakhstan region."
Conducting scientific research corresponds to the profile of the faculty. During this period, faculty teachers and students took part in conferences, organized events that stimulated scientific activity, participated in project competitions, visited various forums.
The main forms of scientific work were: the organization of scientific and methodological seminars, the preparation of monographs, participation in the competition of scientific projects, the development of international scientific cooperation, participation in conferences and the publication of scientific products.
The scientific and methodological seminar of the faculty under the leadership of Professor SK Ibibaeva is efficiently functioning. The work plan of the scientific and methodological seminar was compiled taking into account the topical problems of the history of Kazakhstan from the new historical positions.
At the faculty, the lecture is widely practiced by leading research workers from abroad and Kazakhstan; the closest links have been established with the Institute of History and Ethnology of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Institute of Archaeology of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Departments of the faculty successfully cooperate with the Assembly of the People of Kazakhstan, the House of Friendship of the People of the East Kazakhstan region, the Department of Internal Policy of the East Kazakhstan region. A series of roundtables has been held, the pages of the media cover issues on the history of world religions and the cultural development of Kazakhstan. Teachers of departments successfully cooperate with
The media of the region and the city, act as experts on the regional television and the corporation "Shyhys-akparat".
The general scientific potential of the department is determined by the scientific and creative capabilities of teachers, staff of the department, as well as attracted specialists from the collectives of other universities. Chairs establish and maintain business relations with related departments and structures in the regional context, the institutes of professional development.
At present, the main goal of the research system of the faculty is the creation and development of conditions that provides an opportunity for every teacher and student to realize their rights to the creative development of the personality, participate in scientific research - full, equal and accessible to everyone in accordance with his abilities and needs.
Students and undergraduates of the faculty are actively involved in scientific activities, participate in scientific conferences, exhibitions and competitions:
- Organization of annual scientific competitions, such as "Granite of Science", "Zhastalap", "Best Faculty for organization of SSRP", "Best Student Scientific Circle of the Year", "Best Student in Specialty";
- participation in scientific and practical conferences of university, regional, regional, national and international levels;
- publication of scientific articles under the guidance of leading university professors and scientists;
- Participation in regional, national and international competitions, contests, festivals, etc.
The main tasks of the SSRP system functioning are:
- Ensuring the unity of educational, scientific and innovative processes with the formation and development of creative abilities, improving the forms of involving young people in scientific research;
- Creation of favorable conditions for the development and functioning of various forms of scientific creativity of young people, based on domestic and foreign experience, the results of scientific developments;
- Ensuring the effective selection of talented, gifted and talented youth for the replenishment of the pedagogical and scientific staff of the university.
In accordance with the order of the rector for the faculty departments approved a scientific theme: "Historical and cultural heritage of Altai. Ancient beliefs of the Turks. Sociocultural aspect».
The aim of the project is to study the heritage of Altai on the basis of analysis of archaeological and ethnographic, museum-archival, historical, folklore sources, study of literary creativity, historiographic layer, modern trends in the spiritual development of society, the state of medina space, and presentation of the results of scientific research for the creation of a historical and tourist the atlas of East Kazakhstan.
Objectives of the project:
- Identification and description of archaeological sites, sacred zones, memorial complexes, places of memory and worship, drawing up the passport of the object, mapping;
- Survey of onomastics and toponymy of the region, study of folklore and ethnographic sources, preparation of drafts of presentation materials during the international exhibition "EXPO-2017";
- Analysis of archival data and comparison of historical research data, including from rare book depositories;
- study and presentation of unique samples of literary creativity of Altai;
- Assessment and analysis of the modern development of the Kazakh language, the risks of a multilingual education, the demonstration of an effective model of the development of the state language in East Kazakhstan;
- preparation of reviews of foreign literature on the historical and cultural heritage of the region, media and press reviews in neighboring and bordering countries;
- Study of the peculiarities of the perception of Kazakh literature abroad, the publication
- Analysis of economic zones and mapping of economic zoning, survey of the level, quality and lifestyle of the population;
- socio-demographic analysis of the population of the region, with an analysis of the qualitative characteristics of repatriates of the directions of migration flows;
- Monitoring the situation and researching processes in neighboring countries, especially in China, Russia, researching key security issues by examining traditional and non-traditional security threats; issues of terrorism, religious intolerance, interethnic conflicts.
- Forecasting the processes of cultural, spiritual and creative development of youth, preparing information materials, working in social networks, participating in the preparation and conduct of image events, explaining program documents;
- Development of methodological recommendations for studying the creative heritage of prominent personalities of East Kazakhstan;
- development of maps and atlases on history, archeology, linguistics;
- preparation of phrase books for tourists in 5 languages: Kazakh, Russian, English, Chinese, German with the purpose of realization of routes of event tourism, transit tourism, business tourism, health tourism, ecological tourism, various forms of specialized program tourism;
- Issue guidebook on the historical places of East Kazakhstan for the development of cultural and educational tourism;
- Preparation of information booklets on the tourist directions of East Kazakhstan, including description of pedestrian, automobile, and water routes;
- the revival of forgotten traditions of folk art and arts, by conducting field research and organizing an exhibition on the Nauryz holiday;
- the introduction of new educational programs, the development of educational elective courses in the scientific areas;
- publication of information about individual monuments, museum collections, national-cultural forms, fixing the current level of knowledge about them, publishing various scientific, popular scientific and reference materials;
- Holidays, festivals and competitions of folk art.